Creating Ladders of Opportunity for Unskilled Workers.
Just pause to give a thought for our less privileged fellow human beings.
Changes in the global economy have the potential to leave unskilled workers behind if they are not given opportunities to develop skills and engage in enterprise.
The current trends toward greater deregulation, privatization and integration of the global economy affect the labor market. In the developed world, unskilled workers find their jobs are slowly being replaced by new technology or outsourced to low income countries.
According to the UN International Labor Organization (ILO), lifting unskilled workers out of poverty will require “creating new cycles of opportunity and local wealth creation” that “respect the opinions of poor people.”
“People in poverty go through each day with the will to survive, but without the support and possibilities to move up the ladder of opportunity,” says the ILO Director-General, Juan Somavia. “Imagine where their efforts could take them if that ladder were in place. Our common responsibility is to help put it there.”
Let Us Help build ladders out of poverty. (My article on wikiHow copy pasted here.) titled..
Everybody can be great…because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love —Martin Luther King
Let's help Build Ladders out of Poverty for the less privileged fellow human beings.
Helping Build Ladders out of poverty means extending an arm of help, love and compassion to make people self reliant financially and psychologically. We just need to replace their ignorance with some skills set,which they will use to build ladders to self sustainability and prosperity. If you feel you need organizational and financial backing for this work. You will be waiting all your life in expectation of support but actually not doing anything. Only thing you need to start is "you". The rest will automatically fall in line.
This article is focused towards the people of the developing world in Asia, Africa and South America who constitute more than 80% of world’s population, and where the divide between the urban and the rural is huge in terms of education, economic sustainability, culture and thinking.
If you are in the urban or semi urban parts of these continents, it means you are endowed with some skills that is making you self sustainable. Unknowing to you, you have some thing, that you can impart to not only reform people but also to empower them.
Simple argument is what makes you sustainable can also make to certain extent others also sustainable. Exceptions are always there.
- The imparting can be done at individual level without the need of costly equipments, organization, or finance. This can also be done during spare time during weekends. If you are a student you can do it in vacations also.
- You can start the work individually or form a small group of like-minded people with different skillets.
- You need to select the place where imparting is needed most.
- Once you go and achieve your objective, come back and write a “How to” article to enrich the already rich treasures of wikiHow.
- Compliance and support in the beginning will be very slow, You should not lose heart.
- People in these backward places are slow and reluctant learners,you need to have patience with them.
- I sincerely hope there are some take aways for the people intending to do CSR/Development for the needy.
- Please feel free to share your views and experiences in the comments section on this page or on Linkedin or other social networks.
- Let us help people addicted to work and earning.